Microsoft previews new app reporting and consent tools in Azure AD and Workfront, a work management application platform for the enterprise, now available on Google Cloud. This and more for the least you need to know about cloud this week.
CloudGenera News and Insights
Best practices for leveraging evaluation data to select best-of-breed technology for a multicloud solution. Plus, an insider view on creating cloud solutions, for selection to operations.
• With so many service outages over the years, the world’s biggest cloud provider has a rescue . Read More
• On 20 January, AWS revealed it would reduce the price of its DR service, which continuously replicates users’ machines into a low-cost staging area in their specified AWS account and preferred region, by 80%. What does this mean for the little guys? Read More
• Like AWS SageMaker, but make it open source and hassle free.
There’s no shortage of resources and tools for developing machine learning algorithms. But when it comes to putting those algorithms into production for inference, outside of AWS’s popular SageMaker, there’s not a lot to choose from.
• BP to migrate all its data to Amazon Web Services. Read More
Google Cloud News
• Workfront, a work management application platform for the enterprise, now available on Google Cloud. Read More
• Google Cloud to host Accenture’s Life Sciences Platform.
The agreement with Accenture will help Google Cloud in its ongoing push to grow the enterprise business that runs on its infrastructure.
• IBM’s high-performance RISC processors are now available to Google Cloud Platform users as a service. Read More
Microsoft Azure News
• Two major security flaws identified in Microsoft Azure are still present… a year later.
The researchers at Israel-based Check Point discovered that a user on the Azure network could have potentially taken control over the entire server, opening a path to business code theft and manipulation.
• Microsoft Azure customers worldwide can now gain access to the Zaloni Data Platform for the scalability, reliability, and agility of Azure to drive data and analytics initiatives. Read More
• Microsoft previews new app reporting and consent tools in Azure AD. Read More
• IBM adds AI features to its TRIRIGA Management Software. Read More.
• On 1/28 IBM launched a Power9 based inference server – the IC922.
At the rack level you get very high throughputs. This is interesting for AI because many people are starting to look at storage deployments and their tier hierarchy.
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.