Ahead of re:Invent, AWS announces it’s first ever Storage Day, including new storage and data transfer features; New data centers for Azure and AWS, and Google Cloud Run is now GA. This and more for your week in cloud.
• Just Over a Week Ahead of re:Invent, AWS Announces it’s First Ever Storage Day, launching significant new storage and data transfer features for: S3, Amazon EFS, EBS, FSx for Windows File Server, DataSync, and Storage Gateway.
• Specialized Tools and Resources from AWS that make a Hybrid Cloud Approach Viable and Scalable. Read More.
• AWS Ground Station now available in (Middle East) Bahrain. Read More.
• Amazon’s spotty pricing.
“AWS changed its Spot pricing to be smoother. The result ended up more expensive, and less transparent”
Google Cloud News
• Google Cloud Update Gives Users Greater Data Control. Read More.
• Fully-Managed Serverless Platform Google Cloud Run is Now GA.
• Google Makes Moving VMware, SAP Workloads to Cloud Easier.
• Google Cloud Toughens Up Encryption, Network Security.
Microsoft Azure News
• Microsoft, Innodisk present InnoAGE™ SSD with integrated Azure Sphere
“Evidently, Innodisks’s exclusive InnoAGE SSD powered by Microsoft’s MCU, Azure Sphere, is an innovative flash device that provides independent out-of-band connectivity. The compact Azure Sphere facilitates a secure connection to the cloud and comes with a range of security measures to protect user data and access.” Read More.
• Microsoft announces new Azure cloud datacenter regions in Norway. Read More.
• Talend Cloud for Microsoft Azure Offers Native Data Integration. Read More.
• Microsoft KEDA brings event-driven scaling to Kubernetes.
• Embracing Open, Integrated Security in a Multicloud World.
“Through new and updated technology offerings, IBM is making it easier than ever for enterprises of all sizes to more securely move VMware workloads to the cloud and leverage open technologies to modernize their business operations.” Read More.
• IBM Expands Open Source Tools Portfolio for Kubernetes.
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.