Microsoft Issues 9 Critical Security Patches, GitLab widens roadmap, and Inside Microsoft and Google Cloud’s battle for the enterprise. This and more for your week in CloudTalk.
Microsoft Azure News
• At the Microsoft Government Leaders Summit, the company unveiled a 10-pound, ruggedized version of its Azure Data Box Edge. Read More.
• Microsoft Furthers Azure Cloud Innovation for Public Sector Clients. Read More.
• Microsoft Issues 9 Critical Security Patches. Read More.
Google Cloud News
• Google confirmed to CNBC that it has hired former SAP executive Brigette McInnis-Day to lead Google Cloud’s human resources department. Read More.
• How AWS is cracking the public sector cloud market. Read More.
• “The latest addition to Amazon Web Services Inc.’s ever-growing selection of cloud instances is a pair of beefy bare-metal servers aimed at enterprises running SAP SE applications.” Read More.
• IBM i On Google Cloud Not GA Yet. Read More.
• IBM’s $33-Billion Bet on Red Hat: The Stakes Are Enormous. Read More.
• Oracle announced today that it plans to hire close to 2,000 new employees worldwide to help grow its Oracle Cloud Infrastructure business. Read More.
• Inside Microsoft and Google Cloud’s battle for the enterprise. Read More.
• GitLab widens roadmap, aims to run over Datadog. Read More.
CloudTalk is provided by the Cloud Research team at CloudGenera. As the industry’s best-in-class IT decision engine, CloudGenera is continually focused on delivering insight into the emerging trends, patterns, and innovations which impact technology decision-makers. CloudGenera is committed to helping you make better technology decisions in minutes, not months.